The Cotswolds, an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, are filled with rustic English charm with more thatched cottages, historic churches, stately mansions and vibrant market towns than you can point a camera at. Along with the famous university town of Oxford, you’ll explore Blenheim Palace, scale the heights of Broadway Tower, and ramble through towns like Stow-on-the-Wold and the quaint, yet lively, town of Bourton-on-the-Water, known as the Venice of the Cotswolds on this walking trip. With scenic views and what seems like a pub on every corner, you’ll be captivated by this genteel part of England.
- Explore some of the world’s prettiest and most charming villages like Stow-on-the-Wold with its stunning townhouses, quaint shops, and art galleries.
- Explore the magnificent gardens at Blenheim Palace and take a virtual trip back in time as your guide takes you indoors and brings 300 years of history to life.
- Drop into Jeremy Clarkson’s Diddly Squat Farm shop for lunch, a place serving local, seasonal, no-nonsense food in the heart of the Cotswolds.
- Walk to Bourton-on-the-Water which is known as The Little Venice of the Cotswolds due to its rich culture and graceful bridges.
- Hike up to Dover’s Hill, a natural amphitheatre 229 metres (754 feet) high, and enjoy beautiful views and the chance to see Cotswold Lions (native sheep).