When you fantasise about an Arctic expedition, you probably picture cruising past towering glaciers and icebergs, watching for whales from the deck of your ship and keeping an eye out for polar bears making their way across the icy expanse. A journey through Spitsbergen is that quintessential experience and more. Venture to remote northern areas and along the western edge of the island for a true nature-lovers experience that you’ll never forget.
- Uncover the incredible landscape of Spitsbergen, from the quirky northernmost city of Longyearbyen and brilliantly blue glaciers like the ‘14th July Glacier’, to stunning fjords and towering mountains and cliffs
- Experience the unique and memorable sensation of 24 hours of sunlight
- Scour sheets of ice and hopefully be rewarded with unforgettable sightings of the ruler of the Arctic – the Polar Bear
- With endless daylight there are also endless wildlife-viewing opportunities – elusive Arctic foxes, breaching whales, lounging masses of walruses, and enchanting seabirds dotted along the cliffs of Alkefjellet
- Choose to get even closer to this amazing environment with optional activities like snowshoeing, hiking, and gliding along pristine waters between icebergs in a sea kayak