Get a kaleidoscopic perspective on Israel and the Palestinian Territories on this eight-day tour. Entrenched in the ancient but emphatically modern in outlook, nominally Jewish but with oodles of Muslim and Christian influence, this region is endlessly fascinating and rewarding to travel in. Stroll the Old City’s ramparts in Jerusalem, visit Jesus’ biblical birthplace in Bethlehem and see Masada’s rugged outcrop. Break bread with Palestinians and Israelis, walk the graffitied separation wall in Bethlehem, go for a float in the Dead Sea and form your own impressions of this captivating part of the world.
- Challenge your perspective in Jerusalem: walk the ‘Way of the Cross’, meet a local Rabbi and dine with a Palestinian family.
- Learn the stories behind some of the most challenging and poignant works of graffiti that decorate the barrier wall in Bethlehem during a walking tour.
- Access the glowing blue grottoes of Rosh Hanikra by cable car, then enjoy views over the Mediterranean Coast of Western Galilee.
- Go underground to explore the excavated dungeon, crypt and halls that were used by the Knights of St John over 700 years ago in Acre.
- Visit the remains of the clifftop fortress of Masada, the site of the famed siege at the end of the first Jewish–Roman War.