Not only is Israel and the Palestinian Territories steeped in religious history and longstanding cultures, it has a food and wine scene to rival any other. Embark on an epicurean odyssey, spending nine days exploring the sights and sounds of this country, with a focus on memorable and local culinary experiences. Feast on sabich in Tel Aviv, learn age-old food secrets at a traditional Druze village, explore Ramallah with a local chef, sample local drops in Nazareth and Taybeh, understand what life is like for Palestinian women at a refugee camp cooking class. Indulging on daily sights and feasting on the history and culture surrounding you, both your hunger for the best food and your mind for the most authentic experiences will be filled.
- Share authentic home cooked meals with Druze villagers and a local family in Bethany, and join an insightful cooking class with Palestinian women.
- In between snacks, don’t miss any of the sights and sounds of this diverse country. Take a dip in the famously salty Dead Sea, discover the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem, and see the sights in Jerusalem.
- Feast on classic dishes in Israel’s legendary local eateries, from falafel, knafeh, and maqluba and fresh sabich to a selection of local favourites at Machane Yehuda in Jerusalem.
- Take a refreshing stop at a family-run brewery in Taybeh, taste their lagers and ales and learn about their evolution to become sustainability champions in the region.
- Locals always know best when it comes to the region’s best food and drinks and the winemakers, chefs, brewers and market stallholders you'll meet on this trip are no exception.