Discover the classic dishes and delectable delights of Israel and the Palestinian Territories on this Real Food Adventure. Savour shakshuka in Tel Aviv, learn the tricks of tahini in Nablus, break bread with Druze folk in Buq’ata and sample mouth-watering knafeh. In between these delicious diversions, float on the Dead Sea, drink wine in the Negev desert and see the holy sights of Jerusalem. Brimming with charismatic cuisine and rich history, this is an epicurean odyssey to remember.
- Feast on classic dishes in Israel’s legendary local eateries, from shakshuka to a beloved hummus institution in the Old City of Jerusalem
- Take a dip in the famously salty unsinkable Dead Sea
- Pay a visit to Zichron Yaakov and stop in at one of Israel's finest wineries. Enjoy a wine tasting and perhaps make some purchases to accompany a picnic brunch in the nearby Rothschild Gardens.
- Learn some age-old kitchen secrets cooking up a storm with Druze villagers who are agricultural people, tending olive groves and fruit orchards.
- Visit the local chapter of the 'Slow Food' network for a cooking class. Accompany the chef to the kasbah to collect your ingredients, then learn to prepare some classic Palestinian dishes. Enjoy your creations over lunch and discover what life is like for women in this small Palestinian town
- Savour Jewish dishes in a local home in the Negev Desert
- Enjoy a full-day tour of Jerusalem, visiting the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and the excellent Machane Yehuda market