Discover one of the most underrated and incredible destinations of the world on this unique expedition trip to the UAE. While for most travellers this destination is nothing more than a stopover, there’s much to discover beyond its ultra-modern and opulent reputation – or is that half the fun? Delve into Old Dubai with the locals, experience heart-warming Bedouin hospitality, camp under the stars on the edge of the desert, visit ancient oases and get a glimpse from the dizzying peaks in both the city and the mountains. This small group tour of the UAE will make you wish you’d discovered this desert gem sooner.
- An informal welcome dinner at the Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding breaks the ice – and takes the hassle out of organising your first meal in a new place
- A tour run by our friends Urban Adventures gives you the best possible experience of Old Dubai. Sip rich aromatic coffee with Bedouin locals, try your hand at calligraphy and tour the spice and gold souqs
- Try a bit of dune bashing as you explore some of the largest sand dunes in the world, not without a night spent under the stars
- Visit Al Ain – a World Heritage-listed 4000-year-old oasis which is one of the world's oldest continuously inhabited settlements
- Take an exhilarating drive to the highest peak in the UAE, Jebel Jais, with breathtaking views over the Gulf
- Soar to the 124th floor of the Burj Khalifa at 10 metres per second for breathtaking and unobstructed views of the Emirates