When it comes to inspiring scenery, fascinating culture and inviting locals, New Zealand is as good as it gets. From the volcanic landscapes of the North Island to the snow-dusted scenery of the South Island, there’s always something remarkable to look at. Set off on a 17-day adventure through the beaches of the Coromandel Peninsula, bubbling hot pools of Rotorua, endless waters of Lake Taupo and cityscapes of Wellington. Cross to the Cook Strait and encounter the glory of the South Island, from Kaikoura’s abundant wildlife to Queenstown’s high adrenaline activities and Franz Josef Glacier’s icy beauty.
- Visit a Maori village where profits from your visit are fed back into the community, learn the haka and Maori weaving before tucking into a traditional hangi dinner.
- Experience the geothermal delights of Rotorua, watch New Zealand’s largest geyser erupt and observe adorable kiwis in a nocturnal house at a conservation centre.
- A little piece of paradise awaits on the Coromandel Peninsula – dig your own natural hot tub on Hot Water Beach and check out the much-photographed Cathedral Cove.
- Calling all adventure seekers! Queenstown is overflowing with adrenaline-pumping activities, so dive straight in or sit back with a glass of world-class local wine.
- All aboard for one of the world’s most spectacular train journeys – take the famous TranzAlpine through the Southern Alps from the West Coast to Christchurch.