Join Intrepid on this active escape to the coasts and lakes of the North Island. In just five-days you’ll head from Auckland to hike the trails and chill out on the beaches of the Coromandel Peninsula, cycle the lakes and explore the redwood forests of geothermal Rotorua, and cross to the coast to canyon in caves filled with glow worms in Raglan. Add in the chance to immerse yourself in the Maoritanga of Te Ika-a-Maui at a marae and you’ve got everything you need in a local adventure.
- Hike to secluded coves on the east coast of the deeply forested Coromandel Peninsula and marvel at the towering natural arches.
- Luxuriate in the bubbling waters of a natural sand hot spa, dug with your own hands right on the beach.
- Cycle round glistening lakes and wonder at the heights of towering redwood trees on a night-time hike though a lantern-lit forest.
- Learn more about Maori culture with a night spent at a marae, where you’ll enjoy a traditional dinner as you learn about the customs and protocols of the marae.
- Canyon though caves in search of countless glow worms on an invigorating and dazzling active adventure.