Wherever you lay your eyes in New Zealand’s North Island, there’s something remarkable to look at. Spend eight unforgettable days soaking up sunshine and hopping between beaches, lakes, villages and cities. A local leader will show you the best bits of this spectacular island as you jump off from trendy Wellington, marvel at the sight of Lake Taupo, learn about local culture in a Maori village, take in the geothermal wonders of Rotorua and chill out on the beaches of the Coromandel Peninsula before wrapping up in lively Auckland. Of all New Zealand’s assets, its people top the list, so embrace a warm welcome from the locals as you explore their beautiful backyard.
- Kick of your adventure in Wellington, New Zealand’s cool little capital city. Your local leader will introduce you to the city’s creative endeavours and local hangouts.
- Chill out next to New Zealand’s largest lake in Taupo. Whether you fancy bungy-jumping, sky diving, kayaking or relaxing, Taupo has something for you.
- Head to a Maori village where profits from your visit are fed back into the community, learn the haka and Maori weaving before tucking into a traditional hangi dinner
- Experience the geothermal delights of Rotorua, watch New Zealand’s largest geyser erupt and observe adorable kiwis in a nocturnal house at a conservation centre.
- A little piece of paradise awaits on the Coromandel Peninsula – dig your own natural hot tub on Hot Water Beach and check out the much-photographed Cathedral Cove.