Taking you from Christchurch to Queenstown via glaciers, wineries, lakes, and an overnight cruise on Milford Sound, this 10-day tour showcases the natural beauty and thriving food and wine scene in the South Island of New Zealand. With a friendly leader to guide the way, you’ll experience a landscape that has been shaped by the elements over thousands of years, taste wine at picturesque cellar doors, go kiwi spotting, and enjoy some delicious breakfasts, lunches, and dinners showcasing outstanding local produce.
- Experience some of New Zealand’s most spectacular scenery with an overnight stay on Milford Sound aboard a purpose-built vessel.
- Savour the flavours of the Otago region with a chef-led food and foraging tour on an expansive and stunning New Zealand deer station.
- Take an exhilarating jetboat ride on the Kimi Akau (Shotover River), deep into the spectacular Shotover Canyons, with the Ngai Tahu - the Maori people of this land.
- Enjoy a ranger-guided walk around the aptly named Blue Pools that feed the Makarora River and learn about the important work of the Aspiring Biodiversity Trust to reduce predators and save some of New Zealand’s rarest species.
- Take a 'backstage tour' of the West Coast Wildlife Centre, helping bring the critically endangered Rowi and Haast tokoeka kiwi back from extinction. Come face-to-face with these rare creatures.