Raise glass of mezcal to the diversity of Mexico, then embrace ‘pura vida’ (the simple life) in the rainforests and on the beaches of Costa Rica. Discover history in the ruins of Chichen Itza, then visit a contemporary Maya village to see how ancient Mesoamerican traditions have evolved. Savour simple fare during lunch with a Zapotec family and sip smoky mezcal at a distillery in Oaxaca. Unwind in a small village near Corcovado National Park, hiking jungle trails in the morning and cooling off in the waters of the Osa Peninsula in the afternoon. Explore sloth country (AKA Manuel Antonio National Park) and match their leisurely pace as you relax among natural splendour of Costa Rica. Ancient cultures, incredible food, wildlife and wilderness – this 22-day trip has it all.
- Get up close and personal with the country's diverse heritage, from the magnificent Aztec temples of Teotihuacan to the brightly-dressed Maya folk of the hills of San Cristobal.
- Compare Mexico City's heady street-food scene to the subtler fare found in Oaxaca.
- Take in the atmosphere and culture of San Jose: Costa Rica’s bustling capital nestled between the mountains and volcanoes.
- Hike to San Pedrillo in Corcovado National Park and explore one of the world's most biodiverse regions.
- Swim at white-sand beaches in Manuel Antonio National Park, after searching for exotic birdlife in the depths of the jungle.
- Learn about the trade of one of Costa Rica’s largest exports: coffee. Take a visit to a family's coffee farm and learn the process from cherry to cup (with a tasting, of course).
- Discover the diverse and unique wildlife of Costa Rica: butterflies, birds, iguanas, sloths and caimans, to name a few.