Raise a margarita glass to the beauty and culture of Mexico on this in-depth 15-day adventure. Discover Maya history at the incredible Chichen Itza ruins and visit indigenous communities near the charming San Cristobal de las Casas. Indulge in a traditional Pibil feast with a Maya family and learn about Zapotec culture over lunch in a local home. Stroll the charming streets of Merida, be charmed by the alebrijes of Oaxaca and chill out on the beaches of Playa del Carmen. From museums and ruins to canyons and waterfalls, this journey will give you a taste of Mexico’s best.
- Discover the colourful, fantastical world of alebrijes – folk art sculptures of mythical creatures – during a visit to a women-run workshop outside Oaxaca. The artists will share their process and stories of how they came to specialise in these artworks.
- Take a step way way back during enlightening guided tours through the ancient ruins of Chichen Itza, Teotihuacan, Palenque and Mitla.
- Get a taste of Maya culture during a homecooked Pibil lunch with a local family, sampling this traditional method of cooking which involves barbecuing food underground.
- Explore the Maya communities surrounding San Cristobal de las Casas and learn about local culture, religion and the traditional way of life retained in the highlands.
- Sail the mighty Sumidero Canyon on board a guided boat tour, cruising below the canyon’s towering walls and spotting wildlife along the way.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Gastromotiva. Donations help them provide nutritious, balanced meals for vulnerable people in Mexico.