Feel the mystical vibes of the weird and wonderful Dia de los Muertos, or the annual Day of the Dead festival, on a five-day cultural exploration of Mexico City. Sample tasty street food at the open air Mercado Jamaica, see the Pyramid of the Sun and the Pyramid of the Moon at Teotihuacan, participate in a traditional Day of the Dead ceremony and see elaborate altars dedicated to the deceased. This festival is all about rituals, so dive straight in to the spooky and spiritual ceremonies that have made this tradition so famous. Oh, and Mexico City’s tacos will make you feel you’ve died and gone to heaven, too.
- Fiesta the night away in Mexico City and get into the true spirit of this haunting ceremonial festival.
- Get the low-down on all of the traditions and rituals of the Day of the Dead festival, including taking part in making your own traditional altar offering.
- See the ruins known as the Pyramid of the Sun and the Pyramid of the Moon at Teotihuacan and stroll down The Avenue of the Dead to discover what life here was like nearly 2000 years ago.
- Visit Panteon Tulyehualco cemetery to view graves that have been decorated with colourful flowers, photos and food, and see the Day of the Dead ceremonies.
- Sample tasty street food at the open air Mercado Jamaica where people come to buy everything they need for the Day of the Dead, including the famous pan de muerto sweet rolls.