Let the United States flaunt its stuff on an action-packed 20-day journey from east to west. Snaking through the Appalachian Mountains via the nation’s capital, this route encompasses everything from the pioneer and political history of Philadelphia and Washington DC to the musical legacies of Nashville and Memphis. Jump over to the City of Angels, Los Angeles, then stroll among the bizarre flora of Joshua Tree National Park, peer over the edge of the Grand Canyon and people-watch on the Strip in Vegas. For those who just want to hit the road and leave the world in their dust, the New York to San Fran adventure is just the ticket.
- Enjoy a full day to explore the USA capital, Washington DC, at your leisure. See the White House, Capitol Hill and the National Mall, and feel small next to the statue of Abraham Lincoln.
- The hubs of Nashville, Memphis and New Orleans are celebrated for their rich music and nightlife scenes, with unforgettable performances of blues, jazz, country and rock.
- The Grand Canyon National Park takes time to discover – you'll spend two nights in the park, unlike on most trips, so there's a full day to explore properly and see the mighty canyon up close.
- Discover another side to Yosemite’s Towering granite cliffs, redwood forests and epic night skies by hiking one of its best, lesser-known trails – Hetch Hetchy – with your expert guide.
- Where better to end your adventure than in San Francisco – the eclectic and multicultural City by the Bay.