Take a bite out of the Big Apple and boogie on down in the Big Easy on this historical, scenic and musical pilgrimage from New York to New Orleans. Admire the profound monuments of the USA’s capital, wind through the jaw-dropping Appalachian Mountains, hit up the live music along Honky-Tonk Highway, perfect your best ‘Elvis’ in the birth place of Rock and Roll, cruise the murky swamplands of the Mississippi and toast to your adventure with some Creole cuisine and round-the-clock nightlife on buzzing Bourbon Street. This carefully designed route encompasses everything from political history to musical legacies – and with less drive time and more jive time, you’re guaranteed to maximise your experiences in the essential destinations.
- Take a bite out of the big apple and you kick-start your musical adventure with big city beats in the city that never sleeps – New York!
- Discover the museums, memorials and monuments along the American History trail – from the small-town charms of Philadelphia to the capital-city icons of Washington DC.
- Pump up your camping experience in the jaw-dropping Appalachian Mountains. Share stories around the campfire as you make s’mores (a traditional night-time campfire treat in North America) with your fellow travellers.
- Choose to cruise the murky marshlands of Honey Island and spot resident alligators in what’s considered to be one of the most natural and unspoiled river swamps in the country.
- Get into the groove of Memphis and indulge in the kitschy glamour and over-the-top Southern charisma of this musical metropolis.