Get ready for a colourful celebration: it’s time for Mardi Gras down South! Southwest Louisiana knows how to party, and this is the perfect excuse to experience the carnival atmosphere of one of the largest festivals on earth. You’ll tour smaller towns to learn the traditions of Mardi Gras, and finish in New Orleans for a knock-out party on Fat Tuesday. This 9-day adventure covers the highlights of Louisiana food, culture and hospitality with a focus on the Mardi Gras festival, so become part of a krewe, join in the traditional bead throw, dress in yellow, green and purple and experience how fun Mardi Gras can be in the US of A.
- Mardi Gras season is a celebration for everyone, and this tour is a perfect opportunity to experience the festival at its cultural heart.
- Before celebrating on Fat Tuesday in New Orleans, learn about the traditions behind the celebration: the krewes, king cake, throwing of the beads and more.
- By day, drive through the Creole Nature trails sighting marsh wildlife, and by night, dance on a parade float in Lake Charles.
- Experience the heart of Cajun country in Lafayette, with good food, swamp adventures and warm Southern hospitality.
- Even though Mardi Gras is the focus, you won’t miss out on other Louisiana hotspots! Eat down-home cuisine, experience traditional jazz and blues, and discover where the world-famous Tabasco sauce is made.