While Los Angeles and San Francisco each have their fair share of landmarks, the road that links that two has its own sights and sounds worth exploring. Roadtrip along California’s Pacific Coast Highway on this four-day adventure, starting in the City of Angels before heading north to take in the natural splendour of Big Sur. You’ll feel plucked from a car commercial as you cruise scenic mile after scenic mile, soaring redwoods to one side and endless ocean to the other, with campsites waiting each night. Sometimes it’s not the destination that counts, it’s the journey!
- Behold the beauty of Big Sur as you drive along California’s northern coastline, stopping to see the magical McWay Falls located on a beach that’s closed to public access.
- Ride Ferris wheels, rollercoasters and other fairground delights during stops at Santa Monica Pier and the Santa Cruz Boardwalk.
- Rub shoulders with Hollywood royalty – or at least their lookalikes – as you begin your journey in the glitz and glamour of Los Angeles, visiting the vibrant Venice Beach.
- Sleep under the stars in Monterey and along California’s Central Coast, getting up close to Mother Nature as you join in on the communal camping experience.
- Join in on the optional food kitty with your fellow travellers and enjoy camp cooking and picnic lunches while keeping costs down.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll learn about our Intrepid Foundation partner, the Grand Canyon Conservancy. Donations help them protect Grand Canyon National Park and support trail restoration, conservation of native plants and wildlife, and educational programs. Intrepid will double the impact by dollar-matching all post-trip donations made to The Intrepid Foundation.