Get a dose of a classic USA on this 11-day wild western Lonely Planet Experience, powered by Intrepid. Stroll among the bizarre flora of Joshua Tree National Park, peer over the edge of the Grand Canyon and people-watch on the sandy boardwalks of Santa Monica. Trek and explore Yosemite, marvel at the size of Half Dome, and then head on to the coast as you move through constantly changing scenery through to the City by the Bay, San Francisco. For those who just want to hit the wide open road and see the natural wonder of USA’s west, this extensive LA to San Fran adventure is just the ticket.
- Hike through beautiful Joshua Tree National Park among the park's desert cactus gardens and unusual rock formations, before hitting the road to Seligman on Route 66.
- Fly like an eagle and treat yourself to an optional scenic helicopter flight over the winding gorges of the Grand Canyon – an experience you’ll never forget.
- Discover another side to Yosemite’s Towering granite cliffs, redwood forests and epic night skies by hiking one of its best, lesser-known trails – Hetch Hetchy – with your expert guide.
- Soak up the scenery on a relaxing visit to a natural hot spring near Bishop, the perfect way to relax before an action-packed few days!
- Where better to end your adventure than in San Francisco, the eclectic and multicultural 'City by the Bay'.