The Larapinta Trail, arguably one of the best desert trails in the world, explores Tjoritja or the West MacDonnell Ranges in Central Australia. Hike across snaking riverbanks, open desert plains and towering mountains on this seven-day trek. Cool off in bright green swimming holes, discover the Indigenous history of the area and hike across peaks scattered with diverse flora and fauna. Take in sights like Ormiston Gorge and ascend to the top of Mt Sonder. Take a moment to appreciate the vast red desert surrounds and weeping ghost gums and end the days camping under a blanket of stars.
- Enjoy views of the rugged and diverse mountain range while you walk across Serpentine Ridge and cap your experience with the summit of Mt Sonder.
- Camp underneath the breathtaking Milky Way, far away from any light pollution. All meals are included on this trip.
- Find respite from the Australian sun at one of the stunning swimming holes at Ormiston Gorge.
- Hike the red slopes of the ranges and spot passing wallabies (maybe a cheeky emu if you’re lucky).
- Deep dive into First Nations history and visit sacred sites like the Ochre Pits with your local leader, who takes care of all the details so you can concentrate on living the experience.