Join Peregrine on a journey into the great white continent on the comfortable, brand-new MV Hondius. Departing in late January from Ushuaia, Argentina, this mid-summer adventure heads across the mountain-lined Beagle Channel, traverses the legendary Drake Passage and finds Antarctica in its seasonal element. As vast layers of ice and snow melt away across the peninsula, it’s one achingly beautiful scene after the next. Rugged rocky beaches, whales, seabirds, penguins and calving icebergs create a spectacle like nowhere else on earth. Excursions by Zodiac afford close-up views of the landscape and wildlife, and regular lectures from onboard experts give context that brings the experience to a new level. With warm hospitality, comfortable living quarters and ample leisure time, Pristine Antarctica is the ideal means of exploring this outstanding and utterly remote adventure destination.
- The wildlife is amazing and surprisingly abundant in this extreme part of the planet. Watch the ocean for seals and minke, humpback and orca whales; witness graceful seabirds with the mountains of the Beagle Channel as a backdrop; and observe gentoo, Adelie and chinstrap penguins
- The unique terrain of Antarctica is a dream for landscape photographers, and the beaches, plains, mountains and icebergs of the white continent can give the impression of entering a different world
- Take the opportunity for a polar plunge, a feast for the senses and quite likely the most exhilarating ocean dip you will ever take
- An onboard lecture program led by noted naturalists fills in crucial context on both the human and natural history of Antarctica
- Brand-new and ice-strengthened to the highest standards for harsh Antarctic conditions, the state of the art MV Hondius offers the highest level of safety and plenty of creature comforts