Contrast the vibrant pulse of two of South America’s liveliest cities with the stark and glacial beauty of Antarctica on this 18-day tour, including a trip to one of the world’s grandest series of waterfalls and a very unique New Year. Take in the unique atmosphere of Rio before flying to immense Iguazu Falls. Soak up the heat in Buenos Aires before flying to the world’s southernmost city for an unforgettable expedition to the Great White Continent to coincide with New Year’s Eve. Feast your eyes on white mountains, incredible wildlife and towering icebergs to cap off the ultimate adventure.
- With two full days at Iguazu Falls, you can marvel at this beauty up close on the Argentinean side and get sweeping panoramas from the Brazilian side.
- Be among orca and humpback whales, hear cracking glaciers pierce the Antarctic silence, and experience, with all the senses, scenes that seem windows to another world.
- Your first day of landings on the Great White Continent will be extra special as you see in the New Year at the bottom of the world.
- Our experienced leaders have made hundreds of polar voyages. Learn about the history, geography and wildlife of the Antarctic from experts in marine biology, glaciology and history.
- Rest assured you will leave only footprints behind. Our Antarctica expeditions are carbon offset, we serve only sustainably-sourced seafood, avoid single-use plastics and use biodegradable cleaning products on board.