Bookend a visit to the world’s largest waterfall system with two vibrant cities on this seven-day adventure. Explore Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Aires and Iguazu Falls on a tour that shows off big highlights without sacrificing local connections. Contrast gazing over Rio de Janeiro from the foot of Christ the Redeemer with lunch in a local acroecology cooperative NGO that’s challenging how we look at food production and social development. Finish days feeling the power of Iguazu Falls by relaxing with a cocktail in the verdant gardens of your boutique hotel. Spend a morning wandering the grand Plaza de Mayo followed by an evening watching a private tango performance. See the best of Brazil and Argentina from a local perspective.
- Gaze over Rio de Janeiro as it’s bathed in morning light from the foot of the Christ the Redeemer statue, your first stop during a guided city tour.
- Walk right to the mouth of the immense torrents of the ‘Devil’s Throat’ on the Argentinean side of Iguazu Falls, then cross the border for Brazilian perspective on the natural phenomena.
- Wander Rio’s revitalised Port Zone and discover the neighbourhood’s history of slave trade and Afro-Brazilian culture with a passionate local guide.
- Explore the neighbourhoods of lively Buenos Aires on a half-day tour with a local guide, then eat lunch at an acroecology cooperative NGO before strolling through iconic Recoleta Cemetery.
- Watch the captivating movements of a professional tango couple during a private performance and later try to match their rhythm during a beginner’s lesson.