It doesn’t get much cooler than the Perito Moreno Glacier. Standing 70 metres tall in the middle of Lake Argentino, this enormous, frozen mass of land attracts tourists from all over the world – year in, year out. At five kilometres wide and around 30 kilometres in length, Perito Moreno Glacier boasts a surface area of around 250 sq km, so it’s pretty hard to miss. The monstrous chunks of ice that regularly shed from the main bulk of the glacier provide spectacular viewing from the catwalks that surround it, and cause huge waves to kick up and crash across the lake. Why not get acquainted with Patagonia’s coolest natural wonder – it’s about as close to a Patagonian celebrity of the natural world as possible.
- View one of Patagonia’s most spectacular natural wonders
- Have a chance to see enormous slabs of ice crash into the lake
- Walk around the catwalks and see both faces of the glacier
- Experience the power of nature in its raw, mighty form
- Choose to take a boat trip on Lake Argentino and see the glacier up-close