Copacabana beach, Christ the Redeemer, Corcovado… Rio de Janiero is a must-see city, there’s no doubt about it. But a destination as vast and eclectic as Brazil naturally has more than one trick up its sleeve. Join Intrepid in discovering the unsung heroes of this legendary South American destination. Uncover former diamond and gold mining towns that teem with photogenic architecture, quiet beaches where surfers and chillers wile away entire summers, and national parks that flaunt that famous Brazilian biodiversity which is unrivalled in all the Americas. Culminating in a feast for the senses – the pulsing town of Salvador da Bahia – this is an overland adventure not to be missed.
- Kick things off in frenetic and festive Rio, an essential destination on any Brazil itinerary
- Stroll the cobbled streets of gorgeous former diamond- and gold-mining towns such as Ouro Preto and Lencois, both awash with colourful architecture
- Step inside a virtual time warp in Brazil’s capital, Brasilia, a city that displays a fascinating 1960s vision of the future
- Uncover two of Brazil’s spectacular yet often overlooked natural beauties: Chapada Dos Veadeiros and Chapada Diamantina national parks
- Chill out for two days in Itacare, a perfect place for some sun, sand and surf after some time on the road
- Watch Portuguese, African and Brazilian flavours collide to beautiful effect in Salvador de Bahia, a city awash with top street food and capoeira (artistic martial arts) performances