From the spicy centre of Santiago to the colourful Argentinian capital of Buenos Aires via breathtaking Patagonia, let your tastebuds be taken on a whirlwind adventure of a variety of South American offerings, with plenty of urban, historic and natural wonders along the way. In Santiago, turn your city tour into an ‘earthquake’ of bizarre flavour combinations. In Valparaiso, a graffiti exploration will develop into a fresh seafood lunch, and in Buenos Aires, let the locals show you the delights of Asado. Enjoy these classic dishes but even more in Patagonia where the cuisine reflects unique regional variations and European influences. Mushrooms, lamb, trout and craft beer are all standouts to try in the South where you can experience outstandingly fresh food and unforgettable views. Add a pinch of Chilean food markets, a splash of wine tasting in the Casablanca Valley and a dash of ‘Once’ in Puerto Varas, and you’ve got a seriously tasty Chilean and Argentinian experience!
- Drive through the fruitful countryside of the Casablanca Valley and stop by a renowned Chilean winery for a tour and tasting.
- Decipher the hidden messages in the vibrant murals in Valparaiso’s street art scene
- Discover the traditional family meal of a 'curanto' – a meat and seafood smorgasbord – in Puerto Varas, learning the ropes from a local chef in their own home
- Traverse the short but spectacular Bariloche circuit, stopping by stunning lookouts, viewing shimmering glacial lakes framed by the snow-capped Andes. If you're feeling intrepid take an optional trek in the wilds of Patagonia!
- Be treated to an Asado experience in Buenos Aires with your small group – it’ll be one of the best barbecue experiences you’ll ever have!