There are few better ways to gain insight into a country and its people than with a glass of wine. A sip provides a taste of the earth that has nourished and grown a people; of the natural elements that have both aided and hindered civilisation; and a taste of the hard work, talent, and love of the people themselves. This journey through Chile and Argentina visits two of the countries’ premier vineyard regions for a chance to sample their culture. Artistic Santiago sets the tone for this trip, which travels through colourful Valparaiso and crosses into Mendoza – the home of Argentinean Malbec. Encounter the rural cowboy traditions on an estancia stay, then finish up with a tantalising mix of European and Latin flair in Buenos Aires.
- Discover the colonial charm, neoclassical plazas and stylish neighbourhoods of Santiago. This city is full of history and perfect for exploring on foot.
- Explore the vibrantly colourful port town of Valparaiso, where culture spills out into the streets.
- Enjoy a 2 night 'feature stay' at an estancia ranch in Argentina and experience traditional gaucho life.
- Test your palate at a traditional lunch in Argentina’s malbec-producing wine region, Mendoza.
- Indulge in the cuisine, culture and nightlife of cosmopolitan Buenos Aires.