Work up a sweat getting an insight into the wonderful South American country of Ecuador on this active, ten-day journey. Hike from the glistening crater lake of Quilotoa to the tiny Andean village of Chugchilan, go mountain biking down the world’s highest active volcano in Cotopaxi National Park and hit the rapids on a main tributary of the Amazon River, the Jatunyacu (Big Water) River. You’ll also go on a guided walking tour of Amazonian jungle, enjoy plenty of free time in chilled out Banos and discover the World Heritage-listed charms of Quito.
- Quito's World Heritage-listed Old Town is best explored on foot. Wander its architecture-rich streets past dozens of gilded churches, through stately plazas and among vendors hawking local delicacies.
- A guided walk through the Amazonian jungle reveals an array of wildlife and fascinating insights into the jungle’s critical role in the lives of locals.
- Experience white water rafting on a main tributary of the Amazon River, the Jatunyacu (Big Water) River.
- Hike from the emerald-coloured crater lake of Quilotoa to the tiny Andean village of Chugchilan, taking in glorious panoramas along the way.
- Go mountain biking down the world’s highest active volcano in Cotopaxi National Park.
- Enjoy plenty of free time in chilled out Banos, which sits in the shadow of the active Tungurahua Volcano. From hiking beside waterfalls to soaking in the mineral goodness of the town’s thermal springs, Banos will satisfy your spirit.