Follow the path of the Andes in South America on a 35-day adventure that hits both modern cities and ancient worlds. Spot birdlife circling canyons and search for signs of life in vast salt flats and lunar deserts scapes. Get acquainted with the local cultures at La Paz’s markets and the homes on the floating islands of Lake Titicaca. Learn the mysteries of the Nazca lines, wander the streets of Cusco and trek to the mighty Machu Picchu. With stops at Lima, Cusco and vibrant Buenos Aires and a local to lead the way, your South American adventure is jam-packed with fascinating experiences and plenty of space for independent travel.
- Take an unforgettable 4WD adventure across the Salar de Uyuni – some of the largest salt lakes in the world. Pass cactus islands, train cemeteries and mineral lakes teeming with flamingos.
- A trip through Peru wouldn't be complete without a visit to Machu Picchu. With three different options to choose from, how you experience this lost Inca citadel is up to you.
- Get under the skin of Buenos Aires with plenty of time to explore. With its eclectic neighbourhoods, emphasis on food and wine and huge theatre scene, it’s the perfect place to travel independently.
- Wake early and observe Andean condors taking to the sky during their morning routine as the sun rises in the spectacular Colca Canyon.
- Experience a memorable night with a local family on Lake Titicaca, taking you right to the heart of island traditions.
- At Intrepid we’ve always been about balancing profit and purpose and as the largest B Corp certified operator on the Inca Trail we’re committed to operating our treks for the benefit of all – join us and help make the world a better place.