With a stay in the heart of the jungle, plenty of pisco sours and some hot and heavy hiking on the Inca Trail, this trip is 15 days of exploring, drinking, eating and sweating (nobody said the trail would be easy, but boy is it worth it). Experience the real Amazon in a proper jungle lodge, follow in the footsteps of ancient people on the Inca Trail to Wonder of the World Machu Picchu (sure to be a highlight of your life!) and stay with a local family who live in a mud-brick house on the shores of Lake Titicaca. Hit the nightlife in Cusco, sail down the Amazon River in the pitch-black of night (look out for jaguars) and experience a real I’m-so-far-from-home moment with this epic trek through Peru to Bolivia.
- Roam the Amazon Jungle by boat at night (with an expert local) and float down the river, keeping an eye out for the glaring eyes of jaguars, anacondas and caimans.
- The floating islands of Uros on Lake Titicaca look like they could be straight out of a Pixar or Studio Ghibli movie! Spend the night under the stars in a traditional island village.
- Whether you trek the Inca Trail, Inca Quarry Trail or take the scenic train route, you'll be travelling responsibly with a company that cares about balancing profit and purpose. Intrepid is the largest B Corp certified operator on the Inca Trail and we’re committed to operating our treks for the benefit of all.
- Head to a local community and rub shoulders with the inhabitants of the Sacred Valley – if you’re lucky, your travel day might even fall on market day where you can pick up some hand-painted beads or a warm poncho.
- Explore in your own time, at your own pace. This trip gives you heaps of free time to explore Cusco’s history, lounge in the Amazon Jungle at your eco-lodge, wind your way through the streets of the Sacred Valley and hang out with homestay hosts on Lake Titicaca.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Awamaki. Donations help them empower indigenous women artisans in Peru with skills training and job opportunities that provide financial independence.