Not only does this two-week adventure visit one of the famed Seven Wonders of the World (Machu Picchu), but it also dips into the natural wonder of the Amazon Jungle as well as Puno, capital city Lima and bustling Cusco. Whether you opt to sweat it up on the ancient Inca Trail or take the scenic train route, you can choose your own adventure – then celebrate it all with a few pisco sours! Stay in a proper eco-lodge in the jungle, where you’ll explore by day and float on the Amazon River by night (look out for anacondas, jaguars and caimans) then stay with a local family on the shores Lake Titicaca, where you can soak away your worries. Hit the nightlife in Cusco, then end it all with a couple of relaxing days in foodie paradise Lima.
- Whether you trek the Inca Trail, Inca Quarry Trail or take the scenic train route, you'll be travelling responsibly with a company that cares about balancing profit and purpose. Intrepid is the largest B Corp certified operator on the Inca Trail and we’re committed to operating our treks for the benefit of all.
- Roam the Amazon Jungle by boat at night (with an expert local) and float down the river, keeping an eye out for the glaring eyes of jaguars, anacondas and caimans.
- Head to a local community and rub shoulders with the inhabitants of the Sacred Valley – if you’re lucky, your travel day might even fall on market day where you can pick up some hand-painted beads or a warm poncho.
- The floating islands of Uros on Lake Titicaca look like they could be straight out of a Pixar or Studio Ghibli movie! Spend the night under the stars in a traditional island village.
- Explore Lima in your own time, at your own pace. This trip gives you heaps of free time to explore all the best bits of Peru’s capital. This is also Peru’s best spot for foodies – so make sure you eat your way through the coastal streets – yum!
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Awamaki. Donations help them empower indigenous women artisans in Peru with skills training and job opportunities that provide financial independence.