Uncover the many personalities of Peru on this immersive 15-day adventure combining the newfound icons of the north with the classic must-sees down south. From the captivating streets of Lima, venture to a mountain lodge near Cocachimba to soak up views of Gocta Falls, a towering natural wonder somehow kept secret from the world until 2006. Explore the nearby forts, mausoleums and mummies of the lost Chachapoyas culture, which provides a fascinating window to pre-Columbian people who believed strongly in the afterlife. Then it’s off to tackle the Inca Trail, a feat for which Machu Picchu provides a most spectacular reward. With the beauty of Cusco, the Sacred Valley, and unique Lake Titicaca also in the mix, this Peru adventure offers the ultimate experience of Peru’s awesome diversity.
- Until 2005, the Gocta Falls sat hidden in the Andes, known only to the locals. These secret waters flow to create one of the tallest falls in the world, setting a magical scene of mist, water and flourishing rainforest
- Spend a full day exploring the ruined Chachapoya fortress of Kuelap, one of the most important archaeological site of the Andes
- Understand the cultural importance of Chachapoya afterlife on an excursion to visit the rock-face mausoleums of Revash and the mummies of Leymebamba
- Discover the breath of Peru's diverse heritage, from the gorgeous Spanish colonial architecture of Lima to the Aymara and Quechuan Indian cultures of Puno
- Marvel at the mother of all Inca cities, magical Machu Picchu. Enjoy a guided tour of the ruins and free time to explore on your own
- Enjoy plenty of time in gorgeous Cusco, the perfect place to launch into further outdoor adventures, or simply relax and take in mountain views
- The floating reed islands of Uros on Lake Titicaca are astounding in concept, construction and history. Take a boat tour on the world's highest navigable lake and stay with a local family there