Embark on an adventure from Darwin to Alice Springs, including Arnhem Land and sacred Uluru, on this nine-day tour. This classic road trip-style overland adventure proves the best way to experience this rugged land is by going back to basics – complete with nights spent under starry skies, cooling off in natural rock pools and waking to the layered calls of rainbow bee-eaters and spangled drongo birds. Find the essence of this ancient country in its most remote areas, among the people who have called it home for tens of thousands of years.
- Start your journey right with a Cul Cul (Welcome to Country) from your Limilngan-Wulna hosts, a gracious ceremony from the Traditional Owners of the land you begin your adventure on.
- Watch as the sacred monolith of Uluru changes colour during an unforgettable sunrise and discover why so many are captivated by this striking island mountain.
- See rock art that was sketched over 50,000 years ago in Mawurndaddja and learn about the site’s spiritual significance and archaeological research from a local guide.
- Hike through the otherworldly Valley of the Winds for spectacular views of Kata-Tjuta, the towering domes that form something akin to a forest of rounded rocks.
- Get closer to nature with a few nights in a swag, a simple one-person tent that allows you to feel the breeze and admire the stars as you fall asleep.