Avoid Sri Lanka’s south-west monsoon rains and ride north to beautiful beaches, past quaint fishing villages, and swathes of lush green jungle on this cycling adventure from Negombo to Colombo. Sri Lanka is one of Asia’s most exciting new destinations and it’s not hard to see why. With pristine coastline, ancient ruins, rugged peaks and wildlife-filled parks, it’s a dream for travellers who like to get active. In between the amazing cycling, laze on the beach, explore the country’s premier Hindu and Buddhist sites, and taste the flavours of the tantalising night markets.
- Cycling allows you to get closer to the real Sri Lanka, with a visit to the temple complex of Anuradhapura and a scenic train trip taking the sightseeing to the next level.
- From the sensational seafood of Negombo to the pulsing night markets of Colombo, Sri Lanka a feast for the senses. Optional ‘food-crawls’ in most locations connect you with the best local street food.
- Step back in time as you explore Sri Lanka’s most important religious and heritage sites, including the Temple of Tooth Relic and Anuradhapura.
- Relax and unwind along the undiscovered sandy beaches and azure waters of Sri Lanka’s northern coast.
- Experience a fascinating slice of traditional culture with a Kandyan dance performance in Kandy.