This classic Tanzania trek is the most popular route to Mt Kilimanjaro and the only one serviced by mountain huts to provide protection from the elements. We hike along the most direct path to the summit of Kilimanjaro and cover the trail in just five days, with the help of experienced guides and porters. Hike through forests and alpine meadows, over rocky ravines and past lunar landscapes to the spectacular summit of Africa’s highest peak. The panoramic views from the top of Mt Kilimanjaro must be seen to be believed.
- We include an acclimatisation day at Horombo Hut to give you the best chance of reaching the summit.
- Travelling with experienced guides, the best of the mountain, and porters, you'll be in good hands, with one guide for every two passengers
- Taking the Marangu route to climb the mountain allows you to stay in the comfort of huts
- Walk through stunning alpine zones, watching the scenery shift as you gain altititude
- Hike Kilimanjaro's climactic last stretch by lamplight, reaching Africa’s highest point
- We are an official partner of IMEC’s Kilimanjaro Porters Assistance Project (KPAP). This means all of our climbs have been assessed and scored based on a number of criteria, all of which are designed to ensure the proper treatment of porters on the Mountain. Read more here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/theme/walking/kilimanjaro-trek