Travel to Egypt and follow the path of the river Nile as you revel in a taste of Egypt’s history, beauty and colour on this short but action-packed trip along the longest river in the world. Cruise one of the world’s most iconic rivers on a traditional felucca, discover the largest and most impressive pharaonic temples, chat and dine with interesting locals and live it up in this country of deserts, bazaars, monuments and unmatched experiences. This eight-day Cairo round trip will get you feeling desert vibes, ancient wonders and local secrets at every stop.
- Get an on-site ancient history lesson when visiting some of the world's premier historic sites – the Pyramids, Sphinx and the Valley of the Kings – with an expert local guide.
- There are so many chances to interact with the locals and experience their culture. Lose yourself in Cairo's colourful Khan al-Khalili bazaar and dine with village folk along your way.
- Your felucca sailing trip not only lets you experience some excellent Nubian hospitality, but is perhaps the perfect way to see the Nile and its gorgeous surrounds at any time of day.
- Admire Karnak Temple – the Cult temple dedicated to Amun, Mut and Khonsu with your small group, and feel the ancient royalty when discovering the mighty Valley of the Kings.
- With plenty of free time to choose your own Egyptian adventure, you’ll have the power to possibly fit in an Abu Simbel escapade, head on a camel ride, or just chill out at a local teahouse.