Rock-hewn amphitheatres, desert dune bashing and reef exploring – this trip may be quick, but it packs in a lot of action. Take a nine-day Lonely Planet Experience through the best of Jordan and Egypt to discover the most epic of histories and striking of landscapes. Wander the ancient city of Petra, relax along the Gulf of Aqaba coastline, and finish up among the souqs and pyramids in Cairo. As you travel this land of courageous adventurers, mighty pharaohs and biblical prophets, be greeted by the legendary hospitality of local Bedouin people at your Wadi Rum desert camp and discover the underwater worlds that lie beneath the azure waters of the Red Sea.
- Lay back and take an effortless float in the super salty waters of the Dead Sea after visiting Moses’ Promised Land at Mt Nebo. Everywhere you visit in Jordan has a story to tell!
- Spend a whole day uncovering the majesty and mystery of Petra. Follow your local leader down the narrow path of the Siq for your first unforgettable glimpse of the hand-carved Treasury.
- Jump in a jeep and experience the extraordinary desert scenery of Wadi Rum with your small group – a rugged lunar-like landscape of huge sandstone mountains and sandy plains.
- Join Bedouin locals at a desert camp in Wadi Rum for a night of traditional hospitality, good food and starry skies. You’ll learn about the Bedouin way of life and fall asleep to the eerie silence of the desert.
- Explore the incredible underwater world that lies just offshore at the Red Sea by snorkel and get into the laidback vibe of Dahab, full of seaside cafes and sheesha.