Mexico and Cuba are a bit of culture, a dash of sandy beaches, a splash of lush jungle and a sprinkling of delicious food all mixed together. Smash some street tacos in Mexico City, taste the best mezcal around in Oaxaca, swing through San Cristobal, Lacanja and Palenque, then finish up snorkelling, tanning and eating by the Caribbean before hopping over to Cuba. Cycle through the streets of retro Havana, head to Santa Larga for a dip in the crystal-clear waters, soak up the sunshine on the beaches of Trinidad and sip on Cuban cocktails with the locals in Vinales. Get right to the heart of these fiery nations on a 22-day epic adventure, and oh boy, they sure are pumping.
- Escape the Mexican heat in the culturally-rich highlands of Chiapas. San Cristobal de las Casas has an old-world town vibe, surrounded by ancient tribal villages.
- Head deep into the jungle and experience the lush wilderness and cultural significance of Palenque and Lacanja – a real Indiana Jones moment.
- Take an optional tour to the historic site of Chichen Itza to understand why these ancient Maya ruins are one of the new Seven Wonders of the World.
- Cycle through the culture-soaked streets of Old Havana and immerse yourself in the eclectic history of Cuba’s capital on a half-day walking tour of the city.
- Venture to the village of Vinales, where the small-town charms are many. Spend your time smoking fat cigars with locals and exploring hidden caves in the mountains.
- Learn the lingo with an informal lesson in the Spanish language. From Hola to Hasta Luego to the all-important phrases – like how to order a cerveza!
- Sip on Cuba’s famous liquor on a visit to a local bar for a rum tasting – as far as the rum world is concerned, Cuba is home to some of the best out there!