Travel with Intrepid and Lonely Planet on a 22-day odyssey into Egypt and Jordan. Wander the rock-carved city of Petra, relax on the Gulf of Aqaba, cruise along the Nile in a traditional felucca and explore Luxor. As you travel these lands of courageous adventurers, mighty pharaohs and biblical prophets, be greeted by the hospitality of Bedouin and Nubian hosts. Combining bucket-list highlights like the Pyramids of Giza with world-class relaxation by the Red Sea, this trip will introduce you to the diversity of these two nations.
- Spend a whole day uncovering the majesty and mystery of Petra. Follow your local leader down the narrow path of the Siq for your first unforgettable glimpse of the hand-carved Treasury.
- Spend the night at a Bedouin desert camp in Wadi Rum an enjoy a traditional meal, cooked underground and served al fresco beneath a starry sky.
- Set sail on one of the world’s most iconic rivers with an included felucca trip down the Nile. Relax and soak up the landscapes as scenes of everyday Egyptian life pass you by.
- Unwind in the vibrant beach resort of Hurghada and take a day trip to explore the extraordinary ecosystem and coral reefs off Giftun Island.
- Uncover one of the greatest cities in antiquity, Alexandria, reborn as Egypt’s alternative capital, and pay your respects at El Alamein – an important WWII battle site.