This unique expedition takes you into the world of Kenya’s inspiring rangers – the men and women on the frontline of wildlife conservation. Intrepid has partnered with The Thin Green Line Foundation, who protect nature’s protectors, to give travellers an insight into the work – and risk – that goes into protecting wildlife and wild places. Beginning and ending in Nairobi, the expedition takes you behind the scenes of what it’s like to be a Ranger. You will go on game drives and foot patrols with the Rangers working in the area between Amboseli, Chyulu Hills and Kilimanjaro national parks. You’ll also spend time at the Ranger training academy learning what it takes to become a Ranger, and hear the true stories of what it takes to protect wildlife in this part of the world.
- Meet the Rangers who work on the frontline in the area between Amboseli National Park, Chyulu Hills National Park & Kilimanjaro Park.
- Help support wildlife Rangers of Kenya with a $500 (AUD) donation included in the price of the trip through The Intrepid Foundation and The Thin Green Line https://www.theintrepidfoundation.org/the-thin-green-line-foundation
- Explore Nairobi National Park with local Rangers. Learn about the unique challenges of Human-Wildlife conflict in a park that's not completely fenced.
- Visit Rangers at an outstation post and experience Africa from a different perspective, by accompanying the Rangers on foot patrol within the rhino sector of Chyulu Hills National Park.
- Spend a night at the Ranger training academy and learn about what it takes to become a Ranger.
- Sit around a camp fire and hear the stories of what wildlife protection in Africa entails, for both the Rangers and the wildlife.
- Enjoy a morning and afternoon game drive in Amboseli National Park within 4x4 safari vehicles and see the park as tourists.
- Choose the July departure and travel with a representative from our Foundation partner The Thin Green Line Foundation, who will accompany you for your entire expedition.
- The opportunity to raise additional funds for The Thin Green Line through The Intrepid Foundation and have every donation matched by Intrepid.