Iran’s charm begins with its stunning environment – snow-capped mountains, rolling deserts, ancient cities and crowded bazaars all add to an unforgettable tapestry of a culture less experienced. However the heart of this charm truly lies in the palate – within the odorous spices, succulent meats and mouth-watering stews created through thousands of years of perfected techniques. Saffron, cheeses, crispy rice and succulent meats all contribute to full flavoured meals capable of taking anyone to another place. It’ll happen to you too. Once you dine on tah chin, fesenjan or any of the other dishes on this Real Food Adventure, it’ll only take a hint of saffron to throw your thoughts back into the depths of that bazaar – that unforgettable moment where the taste of Persia first hit your tongue.
Before booking on this trip we recommend that you read the ‘Safety’ section in the trip notes regarding special safety considerations for Iran trips.
- Cook culinary favourites in Iranian family homes – from the sumptuous spiced meat and rice of biryani to sharp and tangy fesenjan stews, you’ll be tasting exotic yet oh so delightful dishes every day.
- Sample regional delicacies at some of the finest sweet stores in Iran during a visit to Yazd, snacking on crunchy almond qottab or chewy soft baqlava as you experience local life passing you by.
- You haven’t had real kabab until you’ve tried Iran’s version. Discover the regional variations of the national dish, including kabab koobideh (the original) and kabab barg (barbecued fillets of meat).
- Learn the secrets of ancient Persian ‘medicine’ at a local home, where food and drink were, and still are, pivotal to overall health and wellness, and the prevention of ailments.
- Discover the dazzling colours of Golestan Palace in Tehran, Yazd’s old mud brick city, and the ancient city of Persepolis in between your eating escapades.