From the colourful, chaotic Marrakech medinas to the vast, serene Sahara Desert, this tour immerses you in the rich cultures and landscapes of South Morocco. Stay in traditional accommodation like riads and a desert camp and explore villages off the beaten track like Aroumd in the Atlas Mountains. Feast on tagine and couscous, visit the grand Ait Benhaddou kasbah, travel through the Sahara on a camel’s back during sunset and relax in seaside Essaouira. This ten-day tour is perfect for travellers looking to discover the diversity of Morocco’s south in a short amount of time.
- Take a guided hike through the High Atlas Mountains and spend a night with an Amazigh family in the traditional village of Aroumd.
- Travel in a camel convoy and a 4WD to Erg Chigaga in the Sahara Desert – the most majestic place to watch the sunset – and spend a night in a Bedouin camp under the North African stars.
- Recharge with two days in seaside Essaouira where Jimi Hendrix spent time in the 60s, and explore the whitewashed houses, lively port and tiny picturesque alleyways.
- Explore Ait Benhaddou, a World Heritage site with a grand history and a long list of film and TV credits, on a walking tour with a local guide who knows all the local insights.
- Visit an Argan oil women’s coop and duck in and out of souqs to haggle with traders as your local leader helps you to navigate the 16th-century walled city of Taroudant.