Looking for Africa with the lot? Ask and you shall receive on this epic Lonely Planet Experience across ten countries in 63 unforgettable days. Get breathtakingly close to animals more often seen in zoos and nature documentaries, from endangered mountain gorillas and lumbering elephants to ferocious lions and tiny dik-dik antelope. Along the way, meet people from a range of cultures and communities: Zanzibar spice growers, Lake Malawi fishermen and San people. Nairobi to Cape Town and all the adventure in between – this trip will leave you amazed by the breadth of life and culture and the beauty of nature gracing this spectacular continent.
- With permits included in your trip, seek out the rare mountain gorilla on a trek through Uganda's steamy forests and spend an unforgettable hour in their presence.
- Get the chance to spot and get close to all of the Big Five and more in Masai Mara National Reserve, Serengeti National Park, Ngorongoro Crater, Etosha National Park and Chobe National Park, among others.
- Experience the two sides of Jinja – a riverside retreat at the source of the Nile, but also the adventure capital of Uganda.
- Chill out on the northern beaches of Zanzibar enjoying white sand and sparkling blue sea of the Indian Ocean, and cross over to Africa's Atlantic coastline for seafood spreads and dune bashing experiences.
- Meet with village communities during your African adventure, including the colourful Maasai tribespeople, the hunter-gatherer traditions of the San communities, and local fisherman on Lake Malawi.