Get set for an adventure packed with majestic wildlife, remote desert landscapes and natural wonders in southern Africa. From the stunning beauty of Cape Town and burnt orange sunsets over Namibia’s Fish River Canyon to a river cruise through Chobe National Park, this Lonely Planet Experience, powered by Intrepid, is the ultimate small-group adventure. Get set to canoe down the Okavango Delta, embark on a game drives in Kruger and Etosha national parks and admire the raw power of Victoria Falls from multiple angles. With plenty of time allocated to explore at your own pace, plus a local crew with all the best advice, see this chunk of Africa with ease and independence in 30 unforgettable days.
- Listen to the songs and stories of Namibia’s San people, the oldest inhabitants of Southern Africa, and gain an insight into their traditional hunter-gatherer customs and beliefs.
- Glide through the lily-pad clad waterways of the Okavango Delta on a mokoro (a small dugout canoe) and escape civilisation at with an overnight stay at your island camp.
- Take an optional cruise down the Chobe River for the opportunity to get up close (but not too personal!) with cheetahs, crocodiles and the Chobe icon – the African elephant.
- Visit the Victoria Falls Wildlife Trust and learn about the rescue and rehabilitation of wildlife, human-wildlife conflict and anti-poaching efforts, after seeing the cascades in all their glory.
- Track rhinos on foot with an expert local guide in Matobo National Park, and camp under a starry African sky within Kruger National Park.