From the colourful, chaotic Marrakech medinas to the vast, serene Sahara desert, this tour immerses you in the rich cultures and landscapes of South Morocco. Stay in traditional accommodation and explore villages off the beaten track. Feast on tagine, visit the grand Ait Benhaddou kasbah, travel through the Sahara on a camel and relax in seaside Essaouira. This ten-day tour is perfect for travellers looking to discover the diversity of Morocco’s south in a short amount of time.
- Take a guided hike through the High Atlas Mountains and spend a night with an Amazigh (Berber) family in the traditional village of Aroumd.
- Travel through the Sahara Desert in a camel convoy and spend the night in a Bedouin camp, listening to tales by the campfire.
- Recharge with two days in seaside Essaouira and explore the whitewashed houses, lively port and tiny alleyways with a local guide.
- Explore Ait Benhaddou, a World Heritage site with a grand history and a long list of film and TV credits including Lawrence of Arabia, Game of Thrones and Gladiator.
- Duck in and out of souqs and haggle with traders as your local leader helps you to navigate the 16th-century walled city of Taroudant.