Vibrant in every way, Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula delights with its bright turquoise waters, pastel-hued buildings and traditional culture that’s still alive and kicking today. Soak up the region’s best on an eight-day Premium adventure, from the bountiful coastline of Riviera Maya to the colourful city of Valladolid, the colonial town of Merida and the white sand beaches of Tulum. Learn the ancient secrets of the Maya during visits to Chichen Itza, Muyil and the Tulum archaeological site, and travel with a local guide, meet local Maya families, conservationists and historians to uncover a side of the country most don’t get to see.
- Visit the spectacular ruins of Chichen Itza, Muyil and Tulum where your local leader and expert guides will bring thousands of years of Maya history to life.
- Gain a deeper understanding of local life during Exclusive Experience with a visit to the secluded Laguna Chabela Maya community, where you’ll learn how modern Maya people preserve the traditions of their ancestors and try your hand and making a tortilla before sitting down to a delicious feast in the jungle.
- Enjoy the old-world charm of your Feature Stay accommodation in Merida – an historic 17th century mansion turned boutique hotel with elegant decor and traditional touches.
- Enjoy an Exclusive Experience at the Celestun Bird Sanctuary and Biosphere Reserve, a bird-lover’s dream. Learn about conservation efforts while looking out for colourful flora and fauna on a boat ride, and glimpse gorgeous natural springs before stopping by the Gulf of Mexico for a swim in the warm waters.
- Swim in a cenote, float down the crystal-clear Muyil canals created by the Maya over 1,000 years ago, and visit a laid-back beach club in Tulum to make the best of the Yucatan peninsula with exclusive Premium experiences.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll learn about our Intrepid Foundation partner, Gastromotiva. Donations help them provide nutritious, balanced meals for vulnerable people in Mexico. Intrepid will double the impact by dollar-matching all post-trip donations made to The Intrepid Foundation.