Take 20 days to uncover the best of eastern Africa as you travel across Kenya and Tanzania on a Lonely Planet Experience. Turn your attention to the wild as you search for flamingos in Lake Nakuru, the black rhino in the Ngorongoro Crater and the Big Five in the Serengeti. Swap the savanna for a higher elevation when you visit Usambara Mountains, and then leave all your cares behind as you relax on the endless white sands of Zanzibar’s Northern Beaches. Give East Africa an in-depth viewing as you travel from Nairobi to Zanzibar with a local crew and a small group of avid travellers.
- Venture into the incredible Masai Mara National Reserve for a full-day game drive in an open-top 4WD, looking for lions, cheetahs, elephants, giraffes and more.
- An early morning game drive through Lake Nakuru National Park might be your best chance of seeing black and white rhinoceroses in the flesh.
- Take a cooking class in a small village and learn some Kenyan recipes, then share your creations at a camp dinner under the stars.
- Explore the Serengeti, a wildlife arena like no other. You're bound to spot most of Africa's iconic Big Five game on your adventures at sunrise and sunset – when the animals are most active.
- Meet with local community members and join in on village activities in Mto wa Mbu with a guided stroll around the farming areas.