Discover the best of East Africa on this 10-day journey beginning in Nairobi, Kenya. Travel to some of Africa’s most famous areas including the Masai Mara National Reserve, Serengeti National Park and the Ngorongoro Crater, where you’ll take multiple game drives in search of the Big Five animals and more. Take in the enormity of Africa’s largest lake and switch Africa’s animals for people as you spend time with the Maasai and Hadzabe people and learn about both their ancient traditions and more modern way of life from an elder.
- Meet Kenyan Maasai warriors and visit a Maasai village that champions women’s health, and spend time with a Hadzabe community in Tanzania to see how their ancient culture exists today.
- Venture into the incredible Masai Mara National Reserve for a full-day game drive in 4WDs.
- Explore the Serengeti National Park in depth, with two early morning and two late afternoon game drives through this spectacular wildlife arena.
- Take a mind-blowing safari across the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater in an open-roof 4WD for a chance to see the endangered black rhinoceros.
- Accompanied by a local crew — a leader, driver and cook – you'll be in excellent hands for the duration of your adventure.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll learn about our Intrepid Foundation partner, the East African Wildlife Society. Donations help them protect endangered wildlife, support conservation and promote sustainable management of natural resources in East Africa. Intrepid will double the impact by dollar-matching all post-trip donations made to The Intrepid Foundation.