Discover the astounding diversity of landscapes and wildlife in East Africa. Visit green-clad highlands, steamy rainforests, tropical beaches and epic grasslands in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Zanzibar, enjoying unrivalled opportunities to get close to gorillas, lions, elephants, buffaloes, hippos, giraffes, flamingos and chimpanzees. This tour gives you an awesome itinerary, gorilla trek permits, plenty of included game drives, and key cultural experiences. How you spend the rest of your time is up to you! It doesn’t matter if you’re relaxing in the wild or taking part in optional excursions, the wonders of East Africa will remain vivid in your memory long after this tour ends.
- Trek through Uganda's steamy forests with expert gorilla trackers and a local ranger to seek out rare mountain gorillas. Spend an unforgettable hour in their presence, watching how they play, laze in the sun and groom each other.
- Head out on an early evening game drive in Lake Nakuru National Park, in the heart of the Great Rift Valley. This plat is famous for its rhino population, so you’ll have a good chance to snap a photo of these gorgeous beasts.
- Explore Serengeti National Park – a wildlife arena like no other – and look for lions, leopards, elephants and giraffes during daily safari drives.
- Embark on a hike through the Usambara Mountains in Tanzania, through mountains, rainforests and local villages, to the Irente viewpoint. Then, stop at a local farm on the way back for a picnic lunch with the locals.
- See what it’s like living in Zanzibar with a walking and street food tour of Stone Town – visiting the markets and tasting some local fare.