Visit enigmatic China, where culture, history and cuisine all combine to create a truly mesmerising travel experience. Taste the peppery treats of Sichuan in Chengdu, then enjoy a visit to a small tea-farming village to discover the secrets of this most famous of Chinese beverages. Stay in a monastery in the lofty heights of Emei Shan, and travel to Xi’an to be struck by the magnificent Terracotta Warriors and to learn the art of noodle-making. Explore Beijing’s ancient hutongs to search out some of the city’s best street food, discovering Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. Wander along the Great Wall of China, then board a train to Shanghai, one of the world’s most vibrant cities.
- Embrace the tastes of four of China's most important food regions – from the imperial cuisine of Beijing, to the Muslim-influenced food of Xi'an, the spicy Sichuan flavours of Chengdu and the international melting pot of Shanghai.
- Nothing beats the flavour of Peking Duck in the city where this iconic dish was born, so treat yourself to a feast with your group in Beijing.
- Savour the spicy flavours of Sichuan, like the fiery, tingling, tongue-numbing sensation of the famous Sichuan Pepper at Chengu’s spice market.
- Get a hands-on experience with everyone’s favourite Chinese specialties – dumplings – as you learn to make them in Shanghai, China's unofficial dumpling capital.
- Hand pick a variety of fresh seafood from a famous local fish market and have several regional dishes prepared on the spot for tasting.