Experience two of Africa’s most famous natural wonders from ground level on this trip, designed for those with a passion for the outdoors. The imposing peaks of Mt Kilimanjaro inspire awe and rouse a spirit of adventure, while the vast plains of the Serengeti evoke a sense of wonder and deep respect for the animal kingdom. Rise to the challenge and conquer Africa’s highest peak on a difficult trek to the summit of Mt Kilimanjaro. Safari through the savanna in search of stealthy predators, then spot other game in the gigantic Ngorongoro Crater. This is a journey that will reward those with an appetite for excitement and an appreciation for nature, so get ready for thrills, challenges and discovery.
- Travel with a group of experienced guides and porters with 1 guide for every 2 passengers
- Stay in the comfort of huts along this shorter Kilimanjaro route
- Walk through the different alpine zones and scenery as you gain altititude
- Hike Kilimanjaro's climactic last stretch by lamplight reaching Africa’s highest point in time for sunrise
- Safari in the iconic Serengeti National Park with two early morning and two late afternoon game drives in our overland vehicle
- Embark on a mind-blowing safari across the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater in an open roof safari 4x4 for a chance to see a Black Rhino.
- We are an official partner of IMEC’s Kilimanjaro Porters Assistance Project (KPAP). This means all of our climbs have been assessed and scored based on a number of criteria, all of which are designed to ensure the proper treatment of porters on the Mountain. Read more here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/theme/walking/kilimanjaro-trek