Watching a sunrise over the wide-open plains of the Serengeti is one of those ‘pinch me’ moments, and on this nine-day, it won’t be the only one. Beginning in Nairobi, take a trip into the countryside to Mto wa Mbu, get a safari fix in the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater, change up the altitude with walks around the Usambara Mountains and ferry to Zanzibar’s white-sand beaches and intriguing Old Town. This east Africa adventure will leave you with a greater appreciation of the stunning beauty of this part of the world and the people and wildlife that call it home.
- Explore the Serengeti, a wildlife arena like no other. You're bound to spot most of Africa's iconic Big Five game on your adventures at sunrise and sunset – when the animals are most active.
- Meet with local community members and join in on village activities in Mto wa Mbu with a guided stroll around the farming areas.
- Travel in an open-roof 4WD vehicle across the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater with your small group for the chance to see the endangered black rhinoceros up close.
- Wander around Stone Town’s bustling bazaars and fragrant spice markets, and consider extending your stay on the Northern Beaches – full of sun, surf and seafood.
- Accompanied by a knowledgeable local crew — a leader, driver and cook – you'll be in excellent hands for the duration of your adventure.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll learn about our Intrepid Foundation partner, the East African Wildlife Society. Donations help them protect endangered wildlife, support conservation and promote sustainable management of natural resources in East Africa. Intrepid will double the impact by dollar-matching all post-trip donations made to The Intrepid Foundation.